With an upcoming trip to Disney World, I had to research on Disney FastPass+. It can be confusing so I'm hoping the below quick guide and important tips will be helpful. So here it goes...
Who: Disney FastPass+
What: It's a Disney service that allows guests to reserve timed spots to park attractions in advance.
When: Disney resort guests can book as early as 60 days before day of check-in. Offsite guests can book as early as 30 days before your park ticket is valid for (so buy park tickets first then book FastPass+). Use this site to calculate days.
Why: To avoid long lines. And it's free!
How: This is where it can get tricky. You're lucky it has been simplified significantly on April 10, 2016 when Disney updated FastPass+ with several improvements.
1) Download the My Disney Experience app or go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com -> My Disney Experience -> FastPass+
2) If you did not buy your park tickets through Disney website, then you need to link them to your Disney account first.
3) Add everyone you're traveling with in your "Family & Friends" list, including all the kids.
4) IMPORTANT TIP: Book your FastPass+ at 12:00 am midnight on the first day it becomes available to you (see "When" above). Remember you can book FastPass+ for each day of your stay at Disney resort or park ticket is valid for. For example, if you are staying at a Disney resort from 5/1 until 5/5, then at 12am midnight on 3/2 (60 days before 5/1) you can book FastPass+ for different parks across all 5 days from 5/1 to 5/5. This is very helpful for booking the top attractions (i.e. Elsa & Anna, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and the parades).
5) Determine which park you want to go on each day. You may want to coordinate based on the Early Magic Hours.
Here's an example of how the schedule might look like for single theme park per day:
6) IMPORTANT TIP: You should select all the family members and friends that you want to enjoy the attraction with first. Don't rely on the copy FastPass+ feature because if there are not enough spots left, you can't add everyone you want to your reservation. For the very popular attractions, the spots will go really fast. By the time you complete booking your own reservation, there may not be any spots left for that time slot or it's just completely booked. For large parties (over 4), it may be best to separate into smaller groups in order to get the popular attractions but with different times from each other.
7) You can choose up to 3 attractions and the times you want for each park. FastPass+ is allowed for one park per day (unless you have the Park Hopper option). If you have Park Hopper, then you pick 3 for the first park, use them all up, then pick the another 3 for the second park, on the same day.
8) You can easily copy your FastPass+ reservations to other family members or friends if there are spots remaining. You can also cancel individual reservations as well as remove individual guests from existing reservations.
9) You can change the time of each reservation and replace the attraction with a new one.
10) After you use up all 3 FastPass+ reservations, you can book more using the app, website or kiosk at the park.
Comments will be approved before showing up.